Social Manager & Events Internship
50inTech is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. All applicants are considered regardless of their race, gender, ethnicity, nationality, educational background, sexual orientation, religious views, disability status and all other discriminatory constructs.
✨ What we do
Our vision is simple: we want a 50% representation of women in tech by 2050. Fine, but it's not that easy. Not easy - why?
On the one hand, while there are roughly 25% of women in this industry, and one of two women are leaving tech after 8 years of experience due to discrimination.
On the other hand, some start-ups and companies are developing Diversity & Inclusion policies, but just don't know where to find female talents.
The good news is: this situation is not inevitable. Women can thrive in tech just as much as men. We believe that the future of recruitment is community.
50inTech creates the match between #womenintech and safe workplaces
- Provide best-in-class jobs in the most inclusive companies
- Personalized job research
- Empower with personalized and actionable tips to excel in their career
- Encourage peers' networking and value role models.
- Give companies access to a qualified talent database
- Matching AI tool to provide candidates
- Support companies to build a strong D&I culture that encourages the hiring, promotion, and retention of talented women.
- +20.000 talents and almost 70 companies are already involved from Criteo, Back Market, BlaBlaCar to BNPP.
Ready to join?
It can be hard to describe who we are, as each of us is unique and we highly value the difference, but we are sure that we have the values inside 50inTech in common, that we would love to share with you:
- We focus on Impact, as we see ourselves as Tech-changers
- We are Honest and Transparent, as we value feedback culture
- We are Entrepreneurs: test & learn mindset, proactive, enthusiastic, and resilient
- We value “Radical Candor” to challenge each other with respect and kindness
- We want a crew of collaborators around us, with a Flexible/Adaptable mindset.
What will you be doing?
As a Communications and Event Intern, your role will be to help our external communications, community engagement and events to thrive. You will report to our Marketing and Communication department, your manager will be Tara Johnson.
Your missions will revolve around 3 main goals: coordination, community building, and creativity
Working off of an editorial calendar with various areas of communication including:
- Bimonthly newsletter + LinkedIn newsletter - content writing, design and analysis
- Social Media - brainstorming, creation of visuals, performance analysis (KPI), community interactions
- Benchmarking and trends for women in Tech
Throughout the year we run virtual Bootcamps for our community with subjects like salary negotiation, product, cyber and cloud, data with various partners and organizations. This means that we are constantly running career-boosting events and you will be providing support with the following:
- Outreach, partnership management, data collection, communications, post-event analysis, community
In addition, we will be working on a variety of Special Projects at any given time:
- Preparing for speaking opportunities or external events/attending events
- Collaborations with external ecosystem partners
You will primarily be working on the B2C side of 50inTech but will also touch upon B2B subjects.
Who you are
- You are currently or a recent graduate, eligible to be an intern for 6-months in France.
- You are passionate and willing to learn - keeping in mind that we value experiences rather than diplomas!
- You have a strong sense of initiative and like to think out of the box
- You have an analytical mind, like to keep things organized, comfortable with numbers (KPIs: Engagement rate, participants ...) and familiar with using LinkedIn, Google Analytics, and various Email services
- You love the idea of strengthening a community of women in Tech
- You are confident speaking and writing in English and are able to communicate in French
Working at 50inTech
- Legal compensation for the internship
- 50% of transport costs
- Work out of RaiseLab in Paris, an innovative co-working space in the 11th
- Work materials provided (laptop, notepad)
- A fun growing international team
- Monthly team activities
“Don’t forget that you’re evaluating if we are a fit for you as much as we are evaluating if you are a fit for us. Bring on your questions!” - Tara
Please send at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your resume
- Two sentences describing what you see that we’re doing in our communications or events that you think we could improve (or do more of) - show your research and bring on the challenge ;)
- One of your favourite memes/TikToks
If your application fits the job position, the next steps will be:
- 1 screening phone/video call with your potential Manager to learn about your goals and your skills
- 1 final call with CEO, Caroline Ramade or CMO
50inTech is a Paris-based startup with a worldwide goal: join forces between women and their allies to help achieve more inclusivity in Tech 🚀
In 2019, we created an online networking platform to get into action. We are a community of women in tech (WIT) that welcomes committed stakeholders – companies, investors, and mentors... – all contributing to a diverse and equitable digital economy.
Within one year, we favorably fully completed our seed fundraising round and convinced thousands of women and men in Tech to join the mission
👥 In June 2020, we launched our SaaS model for businesses and schools looking to diversify their teams by hiring growth-minded self-identified women candidates. Today we work with +100 committed companies across Europe such as Back Market, BNP Paribas or Believe
We achieve 2022 To go from 80% of women in the team to 50% and 40% of the team is international.
Of course, we are not perfect 👉 To ensure that we have a safe culture we set up a new OKR in 2023 called "Sense of belonging" to measure every quarter for example our level of safety, stress, and alignment with the job.
But we are constantly trying to challenge ourselves to do even better! We strive to be a reflection of our community, a balanced mix including men, people of color, and genderqueer… from all parts of the world.
— Caroline & the 50inTech team