Head of Finance - London
Head of Finance
Who we are
Artefact is a new generation of a data service provider, specialising in data consulting and data-driven digital marketing, dedicated to transforming data into business impact across the entire value chain of organisations. We are proud to say we’re enjoying skyrocketing growth.
Our broad range of data-driven solutions in data consulting and digital marketing are designed to meet our clients’ specific needs, always conceived with a business-centric approach and delivered with tangible results. Our data-driven services are built upon the deep AI expertise we’ve acquired with our 1000+ client base around the globe.
We have over 1400 employees across 20 offices who are focused on accelerating digital transformation. Thanks to a unique mix of company assets: State of the art data technologies, lean AI agile methodologies for fast delivery, and cohesive teams of the finest business consultants, data analysts, data scientists, data engineers, and digital experts, all dedicated to bringing extra value to every client.
After 7 years of exponential growth, Artefact left Euronext in December 2021 and entered into a new acceleration phase of its development with its rapprochement with two leading venture capital funds, Ardian and Cathay. This operation aims at making Artefact a global leader in the data services market.
In this fast paced environment, we’re looking for a profile with high potential willing to join and lead the financial team in order to support the management team in this context of growth and merger as a key business partner.
You will lead and own a newly merged entity's financial processes and duties by managing the Finance team and working closely with the local leadership team and the Group. You will be involved in the following:
Leading FP&A work: As a key business partner for the business, you will be incharge of the monthly closing, proposing and managing reportings, analysis and KPIs from the business perspective (sales, staffing…) to the cash collection to ensure accurate visibility and optimal decision making.Lead business forecasting: As a controller, you will be the owner of the budget and financial forecasts, dealing directly with all the local and global group stakeholders
- Oversee accounting and corporate finance on a monthly basis and for the Half Year and full-year closing with the team and the Group support. You will manage the relationship with external auditors, bank, insurance companies etc.
- Lead and optimise the cash management of the company.
- Promote the implementation of our tools and ecosystem and improve the data quality: In the context of the merger, you will be responsible for the implementation of the group's internal information systems and the related processes, as well as for the quality of the data generated by the latest in contact with stakeholders from various background within the Group
- Structuring a new entity with high potential: You will drive an improvement program that leverages new tools, automation and best practices to improve the business.
- Manage a team of 5 talents by cultivating a high performing team to produce insights, plans, and forecasts with a high degree of clarity and accuracy.
You will be working in a fast-growth entrepreneurial environment, and your scope of work will evolve during your time in the company depending on your aspirations and capabilities.
- ACCA, ACA, CIMA qualified (or equivalent) with extensive experience
- 8+ years of experience across Accounting, FP&A, Commercial Finance, Analytics. Tech industry experience is preferred. Consulting/Audit experience is a plus
- Solid understanding of local Accounting Standards
- Have excellent communication skills and a pro-active nature
- Strong Analytical, problem-solving and communication skills with experience in advising senior stakeholders
- Experience in managing a team and/or experience working cross-functionally across a global organisation is ideal.
- Hands-on person / personal implication in the production of deliverables
- Advanced Excel/G Suite skills.
Artefact is a tech company — with headquarters in Paris and offices worldwide, in London, Shangai, Dubai, Brazil and many more — which offers clients data-driven solutions designed to meet their specific business needs.
Luckily, the company takes the same approach when it comes to prioritising their employees’ needs.
This is why they are constantly seeking employee feedback to gain insight into how to make everyone, regardless of gender, feel valued.
Furthermore, in an effort to help women not only advance in their careers but also feel included in the workplace, Women at Artefact was created to foster an inclusive corporate culture and support women in accessing careers in data and in top management.
This initiative gives employees the opportunity to expand their knowledge of gender equality issues and imagine & drive actionable solutions, whilst also inspiring and challenging the initiatives taken by top management.
We, at 50inTech, are very excited to be working with a company that is already actively working towards increasing the number of women represented in tech roles.
– Caroline & the 50inTech team