JP - Business Developer, Label
Believe is one of the world’s leading digital music companies. Believe’s mission is to develop local artists and labels in the digital ecosystem by providing them the solutions they need to grow their audience at each stage of their career and development.
Its 1,610 employees in more than 50 countries aim to support local artists and labels with a unique digital expertise, respect, fairness and transparency.
To support our fast-growing presence on all continents, we are constantly looking for new Believers to join us and make a stronger and more positive impact on the music industry!
Believe is listed on compartment A of the regulated market of Euronext Paris (Ticker: BLV, ISIN: FR0014003FE9).
Ready to #setthetone with Believe?
Utilising your network, market analysis, business, label, and artist relations, you will be able to source and identify labels & artists. You would have the opportunity to develop your career by working cross-functionally with our international team across the globe, have access to the best-in-class innovative music technology products in the music industry.
As the Business Development person for Believe in Japan, you will define and implement the sourcing and acquisitions strategy for labels & artists. Carrying out first discussions with labels and artists and their management, you will identify their needs and share the perfect offer with our Local Head of Label & Artist Solutions. You will take and lead the contract negotiation.
If you are someone who like to be part of a new business launch in a fast-growing international company, don’t hesitate to apply and meet us!
1. Develop your Music Industry Network and Identify key labels & artists:
- Contribute to company growth by sourcing label & artist leads in the Japan market from all types and levels by utilizing your network.
- Support the improvement of Japan’s business strategy and execution with Head of Label and Artist Solutions (LAS).
- Develop localized key sales tools to enable Sales team to approach prospect businesses.
2. Qualify label & artist potential, tailor offer to prospects and close deals:
- Assess label & artists potential, estimate deal value, and collect information to manage the sales pipeline in compliance with defined business rules.
- Build knowledge of company’s different types of deals to cater to label & artist needs
- Manage and update company’s CRM system daily.
- Present opportunities to your local teams and coordinate with Head of LAS to validate deal offers.
- Carry out meetings with prospective clients to pitch our services and follow up through negotiations until signing, working with the local team.
- Analyze and report progress, and seek constant improvements with the team.
3. Identify Market Trends and market dynamics and report to management:
- Audit and identify emerging label & artists market trends by attending meetings, gigs, showcases, conferences, and other events to represent Believe and your key clients.
- Build strong relationships with labels, artists, management, and the local industry (music lawyers etc.).
- Inform internal team about market evolution.
4. Alignment of clients and internal stakeholders:
- Ensure streamlined communication with all stakeholders
- Ensure the best transition with the team that will handle customer’s day-to-day relationship and support (especially account management team)
To be successful in this role, we consider the following as critical skills:
- Results driven; Target oriented
- More than 5 years of experience in a music industry or similar role in a record label, distributor, fan & audience development, artist management, entertainment IP management
- Proven track record in sales, closing deals in a fast-growing company (technology, services, media, entertainment)
- Excellent command / highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Ability to quickly build and develop a rapport through friendliness, positive attitude and listening skills
- Strong leadership or ability to keep team members motivated
Believe is committed to ensuring equal opportunities in employment, regardless of origin, sex, morals, sexual orientation, gender, age, family status, pregnancy, political opinions, trade union activities, religious beliefs, physical appearance, family name, place of residence, state of health, or disability.
A unicorn company with 1 500 data driven and music experts located over 50 countries, Believe is one of the world’s leading digital music companies. Its mission is to develop independent artists and labels in the digital world.
At the core of its success is a passion for music and a deep respect for its artists and its people. With diversity built into the company’s DNA, Believe has a good ratio of gender equality: 54% of the executive committee is composed of women.
But as it keeps growing fast, it is struggling to reach this balance in the tech department. Believe is committed to addressing this gap, with a series of concrete actions to steer the company's growth in an increasingly diverse and inclusive direction.
– Caroline & the 50inTech team