Lead Engineer (REMOTE)
TuneCore Engineering develops web applications supporting our talented customers and internal operations. As a Lead Software Engineer reporting to an Engineering Manager, you will lead a small engineering team-building experiences that benefit our primary business and end-users in the music space. You will work with stakeholders and product managers as part of the requirement gathering and issue diagnosis. Our technology stack is React, Ruby on Rails, and MySQL. We’re looking for an engineer to help improve the evolution of our web platform. You have a strong background in object-oriented and functional software architecture, experience leading teams, excellent communication skills, and work very well in a collaborative, agile environment.
- Believe in quality as a first-level concern and bring an ethos of craft to your code
- Cultivate expertise in TuneCore’s frameworks, CMS, and other supporting technology components
- Write clean, well-tested, reusable code
- Participate in technical design and code reviews
- Design relational database schemas
- Proactivity and passion for solving problems with automation
- Maintain existing application platforms and look for opportunities to improve them
- Mentor developers, placing importance on learning
- Contribute to a dynamic, collaborative environment
- Support training and documentation as it relates to projects and code
- Help with task delegation
- Ensure that the team is managing and delivering their tasks within sprints
- Be the primary liaison with the Product Owner, Project Managers, and Design teams within projects
- Experience joy when debating the pros and cons of cloud computing, virtualization, MVC frameworks, NoSQL databases, Agile development, The UNIX Way, MIT Open Source License, RESTful APIs
- BS or BA degree, or higher
- Have more than 5 years of experience working with web application development technologies
- Experience working with relational databases (write, optimize, and troubleshoot complex SQL queries)
- System design experience with the ability to question the validity of current solutions
- Comfortable translating Business and Design requirements into working, efficient, modern HTML/DOM and CSS
- Familiarity with Agile development practices
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix environments and scripting
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail with the ability to work with partners and vendors
- Mobile web development experience
- Comfortable with Git, Github, and command line
- Experience building and maintaining high-volume, multi-tier web applications in a team leadership capacity
- Experience in DevOps (AWS, Docker, Redis, etc.)
Nice to Have:
- Programming experience in React, Node, Ruby on Rails,
- Sinatra, NoSQL, GraphQL, Python
- Passion for music
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A unicorn company with 1 500 data driven and music experts located over 50 countries, Believe is one of the world’s leading digital music companies. Its mission is to develop independent artists and labels in the digital world.
At the core of its success is a passion for music and a deep respect for its artists and its people. With diversity built into the company’s DNA, Believe has a good ratio of gender equality: 54% of the executive committee is composed of women.
But as it keeps growing fast, it is struggling to reach this balance in the tech department. Believe is committed to addressing this gap, with a series of concrete actions to steer the company's growth in an increasingly diverse and inclusive direction.
– Caroline & the 50inTech team