Software Integration Engineer - Industrial Automation Robotics
Exotec is at the forefront of technological excellence in order to redefine the relationship between humans and robots. Our solutions are contributing to the success of some of the largest brands in retail and e-Commerce by revolutionizing the way they fulfill their orders to the end consumers, all while mitigating labor constraints and increasing workplace safety.
Through the unification of artificial intelligence and high-performance hardware, our robotic solutions are now deployed across the globe and our exponential growth has led us to become the first industrial unicorn in France.
Working at Exotec is an exciting opportunity to give purpose to your skills. Learn and grow with nearly 800 (and counting!) ExoPeople around the world to help turn your ideas into a reality.
The robotics revolution is just the beginning at Exotec. Will you be part of it?
- Develop software programs and interfaces between Exotec products and the software ecosystems of our clients
- Write the specifications for software development
- Analyze client software needs and architecture, making optimized technical proposals
- Write functional analysis describing the software operations
- Ensure proper handover of developed software features to the necessary operational teams
- Provide on-site support at the client location as needed
- BS in Computer Science or similar area of study
- A general or high-level understanding of software-design principles, API design, and software version control systems (GIT preferred)
- Basic knowledge of computer networking and experience with interactions between servers and clients.
- Organized, accurate and a strong attention to detail
- Good problem solver who works methodically
- Some experience in database management and design (SQL / Postgre SQL)
- Exposure to NodeJS framework
- Exposure to RestAPI
- Some knowledge of User Interphase (UI) design.
- Familiarity with operating systems such as Unix and OS virtualization tools like Docker
- Any familiarity with the the industrial automation, warehousing, logistics, and/or materials handling industry
- Stock option plan and company performance based bonus
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage
- Generous holiday pay and time off
- Retirement savings plan (401(k))
- Numerous training and development opportunities
Exotec is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be considered without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, genetic information, marital status, ethnicity, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. We provide an inclusive work environment that respects all differences.
When you hear the words, “performance, flexibility and efficiency”, Exotec is definitely the kind of company that should immediately come to mind.
Why? Well, for one, they actually build warehouse robotic solutions for many of the world's largest brands! With this level of innovation taking place, Exotec definitely seems like the perfect place of work for anyone who daydreams about creating cutting-edge technology, while also transforming and improving industries.
Moreover, thanks to a work culture that encourages senior employees to freely share knowledge and support new staff members from day one, it’s quite clear that Exotec cares about employees’ professional development, and career advancement.
Maybe that’s why they decided to start their very own in-house “university”, which serves as a training ground for employees who have no prior knowledge of robotics and software development. It’s also great to see just how serious and dedicated the company is to increasing the number of women in engineering and tech roles.
In fact, they have partnered up with both Elles Bougent and 50inTech in order to accomplish just that. We are very excited to see what the future holds for Exotec!
– Caroline & the 50inTech team