OVHcloud spans 5 continents and 183 countries, with 37 world-class data centers and multiple points of presence (PoPs). For more than 20 years, OVHcloud has designed and built its own servers and data centers — using the latest and most innovative components — and has maintained its own global fibreoptic network. Industrialising the end-to-end production process means it can provide better and more cost-effective solutions, giving its customers the freedom to innovate. We leverages the full power of its global infrastructure to deliver solutions for businesses of all sizes, in all industries worldwide. From our range of products, our support, thriving ecosystem, passionate employees, to our commitment to social responsibility – we are open to power your data.
Within OVHcloud, the Business Unit Industry is responsible for designing and delivering server resources and infrastructures, innovating and industrializing best practices. This ensures a competitive and quality level of service while respecting the deadlines agreed with customers.
As a member of the DC Operations team and reporting to the Datacenter Manager, the HVAC Technician ensures the proper functioning of the data center infrastructure by securing equipment installation and maintenance, which guarantees the equipment’s continuity of service.
Please note that this job position will be located in Cambridge, Ontario
- Install and set up services
- Assemble, install, repair, and set up the infrastructure equipment: container, cooling, optical fibers, electrical equipment,
- Install the probes and alerts needed to manage installations
- Validate that the different deployments function correctly to ensure continuous service
- Follow the set-up procedures for equipment
- Manage the logistics of orders and dispatch
- Comply with all policies for the safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Carry out preventative and reccured maintenance operations
- Respond quickly in the event of an emergency, notify appropriate personnel, and follow safety protocol
- Conduct maintenance of electrical systems
- Survey buildings and repair mechanical systems to ensure they are consistent with health and safety regulations
- Support the setup of ventilation, refrigeration, cooling/watercooling systems and conduct repairs when necessary
- Aid in budget development and ensure it is followed
- Maintain heating and plumbing systems to ensure functionality
- Inspect alarm and DC monitoring systems and quickly schedule repairs when needed
- Make preventative and recurred diagnostics on the infrastructure’s equipment
- Uninstall and replace faulty components (pumps, ventilators, air coolers, etc.)
- Carry out maintenance operations on the infrastructures (change filters, programmed tests, cleaning, etc.)
- Relay reported anomalies to maintain service quality
- Make suggestions for possible improvements to equipment
- Technical skills
- Knowledge related to electricity, ventilation, filtration, air conditioning, water cooling
- Know how to work in an industrial environment
- Master the main techniques of equipment installation and commissioning.
- Fluency in English
- Soft skills
- Meticulousness (tidy rooms, cable management)
- Graduation in building or industrial maintenance
- 2/5 years of experience in building maintenance desired
- Passionate about manual work
At OVHcloud, we feel that it's important to contribute to the well-being of our employees. Here's what we offer:
- Group RRSP
- Complete group insurance program (drug, dental, life, vision, etc.)
- Flexible time off in addition to a competitive vacation package
- Reimbursement program for annual gym membership or other physical activities
- Employee referral program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Virtual healthcare Program
Want to join a unique human adventure?
Explore new ways and use your talent and your energy to support an ambitious project?
You are at the right place. Join the OVHcloud adventure!
Expected starting date : October 16th 2023
Trust. Passion. Disruption. OVHcloud believes that people are at the core of their success and that DE&I is much more than HR politics. With an impressive 44% of women on the board, they have more than doubled their percentage in one year, and increased their female leadership in C-level positions by 11% to attain 38%. They recruit the right people for the right jobs, and they prefer skills to dogma. Still, it’s no coincidence that many of their hires are women, with qualified and talented women all over the world! They believe that change is action and they are the change they believe in!
From encouraging employees’ initiatives to providing feminine hygiene items in the company bathrooms, OVHcloud cares and takes care. At 50inTech we admire Tech changers and we love companies that put their money where their mouth is: we’re proud that OVHcloud has renewed their partnership with us. We can’t wait to embark in a new year of adventures and accomplishments with them!
– Caroline & the 50inTech team