ICC/23/MUL/41 - Head, Project portfolio
Purpose of the Position:
The purpose of this position is two-fold. One is to manage highly complex projects and/or programs to successfully delivery. Secondly, and critically, the incumbent will manage and execute the day-to-day project management function. This role may entail managerial responsibility of Project Managers, with evolving priorities and guidance from the Chief, Projects, and Programmes.
Objectives of the Programme:
The objective of the Centre is to provide trusted ICT services and digital business solutions to its Clients and Partner Organizations.
Main duties and responsibilities
The incumbent will work under the direct supervision and guidance of the Chief, Projects & Programmes Section (DDP) within the Digital Delivery Division (DD) and in close collaboration with the Programmes and Governance teams. The incumbent could be requested to do any other tasks of similar level in related fields. Under the guidance and supervision of the Chief, DDP, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Coordinate the work of project managers; guide, empower and motivate the team and encourage a sustainable pace with high levels of quality including setting up of work plans, monitoring progress, providing regular feedback, technical guidance and support including development plans
- Lead evolution of project management controls and maturing the project management practice
- Oversee the projects portfolio to ensure timely status updates are recorded by Project Managers and adherence to best practices
- Partner closely with Programmes Lead and Change Management Lead to ensure alignment and synergies are leveraged across project, programme, and change management frameworks
- Partner closely with Business Relationship Management and Pre-sales teams to understand planning pipeline and assign project managers, with the goal of cost recovery
- Establish close partnership with Governance PMO team to ensure adequate reporting and follow-up on project health checks, financial health of portfolios, etc.
- Establish close partnership with Digital Solutions Center Chief to ensure products (product ideas being rolled out) are monitored, aligned with expectations and business needs, and provide regular reporting to UNICC senior management
- Provide guidance on project management effort estimations to pre-sales team and/or Service Owners
- Manage relevant end-to-end complex internal and/or external projects or programmes, leverage PRINCE2 and/or Agile methodologies as applicable
- Serve as an escalation point when remediation of projects is needed, whilst keeping the Chief, DDP informed
- Keep abreast of developments in the field of project and product management and related tools
- Provide other ad hoc support either within the team or in other teams as required – this includes the participation in special projects/programmes or support to service delivery for short period of time on a part-time or full-time basis upon request from the senior management
Experience and Skills required:
- A minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible professional experience in information technology and/or related area, including in project or programme management
- Experience in team management
- Proven experience in leading complex projects/programmes that are multifaceted, spanning across multiple workstreams.
- Hands-on experience in product management/strategy/roadmapping
- Strong knowledge of Project management best practices, AGILE/SCRUM, and/or PRINCE2/PMP
- Experience in Agile development life cycle, with the ability to lead scrum teams
- Experience with stakeholder management, conflict management, strict deadlines
- Working knowledge of product management
- Advanced University degree in Computer Science, International Relations, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics or related field
- Certification in Product Management
- Certification in Agile Project Management Framework
- ITIL management certifications or training or similar
- English: Expert knowledge is required
- Other language: Spanish, Intermediate knowledge is desirable
UNICC Global Competencies:
- Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective relationships with colleagues and team members. Deals constructively with conflicts.
- Communicating: Expresses oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others; listens actively. Produces effective written communications. Ensures that information is shared.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences: Demonstrates the ability to work constructively with people of all backgrounds and orientations. Respects differences and ensures that all can contribute.
- Knowing and managing yourself: Manages ambiguity and pressure in a self-reflective way. Uses criticism as a development opportunity. Seeks opportunities for continuous learning and professional growth.
- Producing results: Produces and delivers quality results. Is action oriented and committed to achieving outcomes.
- Moving forward in a changing environment: Is open to and proposes new approaches and ideas. Adapts and responds positively to change.
- Ensuring effective use of resources: Identifies priorities in accordance with UNICC’s strategic directions. Develops and implements action plans, organizes the necessary resources and monitors outcomes.
Annual Salary Estimation (net of tax at single rate):
- Valencia (Spain), including post adjustment (30% on March 2023): US$ 98,282.
UNICC also offers generous leave and absence allowances, flexible working hours, overtime compensation, teleworking, access to training, and depending on eligibility other benefits such as relocation grants, dependency allowances, language allowances, or education grants.
Closing date for applications:
Applications will be accepted until midnight (Geneva Time) on 14 April 2023.
- Technical and/or personality tests may be carried out as part of the selection process
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Though you may not be selected for this advertised position, the UNICC will keep your application in a roster if your profile is deemed to be of potential interest for the Centre. You may thus be solicited by our HR department to participate in an interview for another position
* For UNICC staff members who do not meet the minimum educational qualifications, please refer to the applicable WHO e-Manual Annex 6 – Guidelines on Standard Minimum Experience Exposure and Education Requirements
The UNICC workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages, and opinions. UNICC seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity by ensuring equal opportunity and an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, ethnicity, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
UNICC is an international organisation with a strong global impact. They have developed many actions such as applications to help refugees get money when they arrive in a new country. This humanitarian aspect is very important not only from a commercial perspective, but from a human-centered organisation perspective that also focuses on building projects to benefit our society, a significant consideration in a world where everything is profit-oriented. In terms of management, the organisation has a high gender score, and a low turnover rate, which means that people want to stay in this company. And for women, the company also offers a supportive workplace, with a strong commitment to women's well-being and a fair career path.
– Caroline & the 50inTech team